Phone (503) 740-5509 Toll-Free (877) 740-5509
FAQs Hero Header BG



Got New York ATAP FAQ? We have answers.

Find answers to the most commonly asked questions about our online alcohol server classes. The solution will be here if you’re experiencing a problem or need help. Please make sure to look through all of the FAQ Knowledge Base content before contacting us to ensure you get what you need as soon as possible. This page is for New York ATAP FAQs specifically about New York ATAP Certification. If your question is of a more general nature, check out our General FAQs page.

If you cannot find an answer to your question after reviewing both pages, then contact our support team.

  • What does “NY ATAP” stand for?

    It stands for New York Alcohol Training Awareness Program.

  • Who should take ATAP training?

    Every seller or server of alcoholic beverages in New York has to take this course. The certification protects them in the event of an alcohol related incident and it also makes their resume stand out since it is approved by the New York State Liquor Authority.

  • What are the main differences between an on-premise and off-premise course?

    The on-premise certification is for any pub or restaurant or establishment that serves alcoholic beverages and which is to be consumed on the premises. This also includes hotels, private parties and festivals. Off-premise certification is for any business that sells alcohol by the bottle or in cans that are taken off premises to be sold or consumed somewhere else. This includes grocery stores, gas stations, liquor stores etc.

  • What are the requirements for ATAP certification?

    When you enroll in a program you have to provide your date of birth, address,  email address etc. You also have to be 18 years of age or older to serve and sell alcohol on premise and off premise.  If you want to renew your certification, you need to take the course again and pass the exam after every 3 years.

  • Who needs ATAP certification?

    Everyone in New York who sells and serves alcohol has to take this course. Besides servers, this also includes managers, bartenders, business owners and cashiers who work in grocery stores that sell alcohol.

  • Is this the same as Tips Training

    TIPS is a New York-certified training provider, just like A+ Server Education. Our New York ATAP course provides the same level of credential as TIPS but at a lower price.

olcc worker permit cost
olcc worker permit cost