New York SLA ATAP Online Certification Progam
The New York ATAP Alcohol Certificate is not mandatory in the state of New York. Many employers do require this training for anyone who mixes, sells, serves, or manages anyone who mixes, sells, or serves alcohol in the state of New York. This training certification can help reduce liquor liability insurance for the establishment. Our New York Alcohol Training Awareness Program (ATAP) course has been reviewed and approved by the NY State Liquor Authority (NY SLA). Our online training course was developed under the guidelines of the NY SLA rules and meets or exceeds the ATAP requirements.
Is ATAP Certifcation Required in New York?
The general rule in New York is that any employee who sells or handles alcoholic beverages must be at least 18 years of age. However, off-premise beer licensees (such as liquor stores, grocery stores, or other vendors who sell alcohol for consumption off-site) may employ a person under 18 as a cashier (or to stock or handle deliveries or containers) as long as they are directly supervised and in the presence of a person 18 years old or older.
The certificate of completion is available for immediate download after you pass the final test. The New York ATAP Alcohol Certificate is valid for 3 years.
A+ Server Education: Industry Leader in Alcohol Server Permit Training
Below are some of the topics we cover in our training course:
- Effects of alcohol on the body, including behavioral cues and absorption rate factors.
- Standard drink sizes and equivalency.
- Methods to identify underage or intoxicated persons.
- Strategies used by underage persons to obtain alcohol from on and off-premise locations.
- Actions that can be taken to prevent an alcohol-related incident from occurring.
- Maintenance of documentation that may affect liability, including an incident log and/or house policies.
- How to make communities safer through the responsible sale and service of alcohol.
- An explanation of the three types of liability, criminal, civil and administrative and related penalties.
- Procedures for checking identification and acceptable forms of identification. This information must include a graphic of each type of acceptable form of identification. These include the following: current state or Canadian driver license or identification card current armed service identification, card valid passport or passport card, valid temporary driver license and identification cards.
- Techniques for refusing or denying alcohol sales or service.
- Training for handling difficult situations.
- Methods to prevent sales and service to underage and intoxicated persons.
Why Choose Us
We have over 25 years of experience in Restaurant and Bar business as an owner and manager. We also have the knowledge and expertise on how to deal with tough situations. We also understand what you have had to deal with or will have to deal with when serving and selling alcohol. With over 15 years of teaching the Alcohol Server Education course and over 150k students have successfully passed our training course.
It's now becoming the norm for NY employers in the restaurant and bar, liquor store, and gaming industries to hire only those who are New York ATAP certified. If your goal is to obtain one of these high paying, tipped positions, then undergoing responsible alcohol service training could very well be vital to your future. The New York State Liquor Authority also takes alcohol training into account for lawsuit liabilities—getting the New York ATAP Alcohol Certificate could keep you safe should a customer do something they shouldn't.
Overview of our training
Our program gives you the knowledge of selling and serving alcoholic beverages with an overview of alcohol sales, regulations, and techniques for recognizing a minor. Alcohol vendors will better understand how to sell alcohol responsibly, which reduces trouble and improves safety.
Enroll in our New York ATAP Alcohol Certificate training course now! Most students complete the training course in about 1-2 hours. When you pass the exam, we will submit your test and provide you with a Completion Certificate. Our ATAP course is approved for both On and Off-Premise training. This means you can take one training course and get both On and Off-Premise certification. Be certified to work in both On-Premise and Off-Premise locations.
Why Are Servers Asked To Take A New York ATAP Alcohol Certificate Class?
Server education intends to help you develop the knowledge and skills that support responsible alcohol service. By law, alcohol certification class must cover the following topics:
- The effects of alcohol on the body and behavior, including the interaction of alcohol with other drugs.
- New York's alcohol sale and service laws, including DUI laws.
- Intervention techniques for dealing with intoxicated and underage customers.
- Responsible advertising, marketing, and management procedures.
At the end of the course, the student must take a 20 question multiple-choice test. Students need a score of 70% or better to pass. More than 99% of the students pass the test the first time they take it. Students who fail may retake the exam as many times as needed until they pass. The course is designed to reinforce the learning process. It is not used to exclude students from the alcohol industry.
A comparison between New York ATAP and TIPS
Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) is an online alcohol education and training program for the sale of alcohol. TIPS offers alcohol training in two areas: On-premise and Off-premise.
On-Premise course targets people who are alcohol servers in a bar or restaurant. Off-Premise course is for individuals who are not alcohol servers but participate in selling alcohol through liquor or convenience stores. A+ Server Education has gone an extra step to provide one course approved for both On-Premise and Off-Premise. Our NY ATAP course is certified for both premises. This means you will save money and time because you will not have to take two training courses to be certified.
Most establishments don't care who you took the training with as long as your certification is valid and state-approved.
A+ Server Education's online New York Alcohol Training Awareness Program is approved by the New York State's Liquor Authorities (NYSLA) for the ATAP certification.
Choosing between TIPS and A+ Server Education can prove to be complicated. However, both companies are highly competent regarding the content they provide on the education for serving and selling alcohol. In addition, both companies hold equal credibility as approved alcohol training awareness programs.
However, regarding pricing, A+ Server Education's certification edges out TIPS certification. Compared to the TIPS training program, which costs $40, A+ Server Education's New York ATAP program costs just $13.99. It provides incredible value considering there is virtually no difference between the authenticity or credibility of both programs. However, the learning contents within these programs will vary. But ultimately, both companies meet or exceed NYSLA's ATAP's approval.
Just Some of Our Clients
The logo's above are used with permision of the franchises that we have provided services to and belong to those companies.
All Rights are Reserved.