Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

QUESTION: I have lost or someone has stolen my server’s permit? How do I get a replacement?

ANSWER Print or download your RBS Permit Card by login back into our training course and reprint your permit again or click on the email that was sent to you and download your permit.

QUESTION: How long is my server’s permit good for?

ANSWER: Responsible Beverage Servers permits expire every two years from the day you complete the training course.

QUESTION: What is the required passing percentage to receive my permit?

ANSWER: You must pass the exam that will be given at the conclusion of the training with a score of 70% or better.

QUESTION: Which level of training do you provide for the RBS Permit?

ANSWER: We offer one course designed for every level of server in the state of California. Level 1, Level 2, Level 3. Off Premises Special Event Servers working temporary or special occasion events permit or temporary license is issued, or for sales of alcohol which will be consumed off the premises. Professional Servers, for all employees serving alcohol within a licensed establishment. Supervisors and Managers of Servers, for those employed by licensed premises with the responsibility of supervising or managing sellers or servers of alcoholic beverages.

QUESTION: Does the server have to carry the permit with them, on their person?

ANSWER: The server must have the permit along with valid ID for liquor service on the premises when they are working and available for inspection. It does not have to be on their person.